If your employees work with direct germicidal UV equipment, or are in close proximity to it on a daily basis, you may be concerned that they are getting too much UV-C exposure. While they should always wear personal protective gear — such as a UV-blocking face shield, gloves, and long sleeves to prevent exposed skin — Personal UV-C Exposure Indicators give added peace of mind that your employees are not exceeding the daily UV-C exposure limit.
Get a Visual Indication of Too Much UV-C Exposure
According to the American Conference of Government Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)*, this daily exposure limit for UV-C is 6 mJ/cm2. These Personal UV-C Exposure Indicators — now sold by Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® — change color to reveal the word “STOP” if personnel are exposed to an accumulated UV-C dose exceeding this limit. Their adhesive backing sticks to clothing, an ID badge, or PPE.
How to Use Personal UV-C Exposure Indicators
Personal UV-C Exposure Indicators are designed for individuals who work in close proximity to direct UV-C devices emitting 254 nm (such as commercial disinfection workers in HVAC, Retail, Transportation, and Healthcare). They can be worn on an ID badge or uniform garment. Each indicator is designed for single, daily use and CANNOT be reused. Use indoors and DO NOT expose them to direct sunlight.
Use these indicators with the following Direct Germicidal UV Fixtures from Atlantic Ultraviolet:
- Sanidyne® Germicidal Ultraviolet Portable Area Sanitizers
- Sani·Ray® Germicidal Ultraviolet Recessed Fixtures
- SaniLIGHT® Germicidal Ultraviolet Irradiators
- Biolux® Germicidal Ultraviolet Fixtures
- 1” octagon indicator with adhesive backing
- Sold in packs of 10
- Validated by the Reasearch Institute of Sweden (RISE)
*Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, 8th Edition, Copyright 2020.
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always follow best practices of wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and adhere to safety guidelines when operating or working near UV-C equipment. Prolonged, direct exposure to UV-C can result in erythema and photokeratitis and should be avoided.
Learn More & Shop Personal UV-C Exposure Indicators
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop Personal UV-C Exposure Indicators
- Shop Sanidyne® Germicidal Ultraviolet Portable Area Sanitizers
- Shop Sani·Ray® Germicidal Ultraviolet Recessed Fixtures
- Shop SaniLIGHT® Germicidal Ultraviolet Irradiators
- Shop Biolux® Germicidal Ultraviolet Fixtures
- Shop STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our UV Air & Surface Disinfection Comparison Chart
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Download UV-C Air & Surface Documents from our PDF Library
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
- Learn about STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
Watch our Videos
Contact Our UV Application Specialists
- Call (631) 273-0500, Monday–Friday 7am to 6pm EST
- Email Sales@AtlanticUV.com
- Fill out our contact form