Last Updated on July 26, 2018
It’s a unique challenge to keep liquid storage tanks disinfected. The air space found above the liquid is an ideal environment for bacteria, mold, and other microorganisms to flourish and contaminate the stored liquid. The Tank Master™ will help maintain the quality of the air space, surfaces, and liquid content inside the storage tank. Ultraviolet is a safe, effective, and virtually hands-off technique of disinfection. It was developed with 4 elements that make it the smart choice for in-place liquid holding tank disinfection without the use of heat or chemicals.
1. Versatility — Installation Options & Available Models
1” MNPT allows installation to thread directly into a female NPT on the tank. The optional bulkhead fitting ensures installation in a wide variety of makes and styles of holding tanks.
- Horizontal Installation — Installs directly into the storage tank and submerged into the liquid contents
- Vertical Installation — Suspends from the top of the storage tank and partially emerged inside the liquid contents
- Designed for indoor use
10 models of the Tank Master™ are available to enable the precise amount of ultraviolet needed for successful treatment.
- Each model has a different size UV lamp for appropriate radiation emittance
- Insertion depths vary with each model and range from 9 7/8" to 62 11/16"
- Models TM36-2, TM48-2, and TM64-2 each have 2 UV lamps — the rest of the models have one lamp
2. Safe, Automatic, & Effective Liquid Holding Tank Disinfection
Approximately 95% of the ultraviolet energy emitted by STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps is at 254 nanometers, the region of germicidal effectiveness most destructive to bacteria, mold and virus.
- Change lamp once every 10,000 hours — about once a year
- Chemical-free liquid holding tank disinfection — no potential for safety mishaps or unwanted reactions in the liquids
CRYSTAL CLEAR™ Fused Quartz Sleeves protect and insulate UV lamps to ensure high output over a range of temperatures.
The optional SENTINEL® Remote Lamp Indicator monitors lamp operation. It’s available with a 25, 50 or 100-foot cable.
3. Easy and Low Maintenance
Sterile holding tanks can help reduce the amount of future disinfection liquid may need. They also drastically reduce necessary tank cleaning — saving time and giving peace of mind.
EASY-OFF™ End Cap provides fast and simple access for UV lamp change and occasional quartz sleeve cleaning without tools. The Steadfast™ Lampholder quickly secures the lamp in place.
Lamp replacement recommended about once a year. No need to buy expensive chemicals. State-of-the-Art Surelite™ Ballasts are designed specifically for UV lamps, so that they operate at maximum efficiency.
- Electronic and instant start
- Superior to magnetic ballasts—use less energy, are smaller, lighter, cooler in operation, and provide higher lamp output
- Standard 3-prong plug powers the Tank Master™ from a GFCI outlet
Proudly Made in the USA of stainless steel, the Tank Master™ Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizers from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal ultraviolet lamps to help sanitize liquid holding tanks.
For more information on the Tank Master™ Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizers, visit our Tank Master™ overview page or download the Tank Master™ brochure.
For more information on Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps visit Ultraviolet.com
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
For more company or product info, visit Ultraviolet.com
To make purchase, visit BuyUltraviolet.com