All occupants and personnel should be alerted to the potential hazards indicated by the product safety labeling on this unit.
The following conventions are used to indicate and classify precautions and on product safety labeling. Failure to observe precautions could result in injury to people or damage to property.
Product safety labels should be periodically inspected and cleaned, as necessary, to maintain good legibility. Always replace illegible safety labels. Contact factory to obtain replacement safety labels.
- Read and save all notices, warnings and safety instructions received with equipment.
- Avoid exposure to direct or reflected germicidal ultraviolet rays. Germicidal ultraviolet rays are harmful to the eyes and skin.
- Always disconnect power to the equipment and unplug before performing any service or maintenance.
- Do not operate without proper electrical ground.
- To prevent the risk of severe or fatal electrical shock, special precautions must be taken. Equipment should be plugged into an approved Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) receptacle.
- Most equipment is intended for indoor use only.
- Do not alter the construction or design. Do not remove safety labels or devices
- Do not use equipment for other than its intended purpose, as described in the equipment manual.
- On equipment with blowers keep inlet and outlet vents, clean and clear of objects.
- Germicidal ultraviolet rays may break down plastic, rubber, or other non-metallic materials, can fade colors, and can be damaging to plant life. Shield all plastic, rubber, or other non-metallic parts, plant life, etc. which may be exposed to direct or reflected germicidal ultraviolet rays.
- Do not operate equipment if the power cord and/or plug are damaged, or if any other damage to the unit is visible or suspected.
- Utility power must match power requirements listed on the unit label.
- Equipment should be protected from the elements and from temperatures below freezing.
- Do not exceed equipment’s maximum rated flow capacity and/or operating pressure.