When a person gets sick, the general rule of thumb is to rest, drink a lot of fluids, and stay away from other people to prevent them from getting sick. Since the rise of this new Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), it has become harder to prevent the spread of this virus. The CDC recommends that the best method of prevention is social distancing . Unfortunately for others, some people seem to be asymptomatic and are spreading this virus without even knowing. Fortunately, there are many ways to prevent cross-infection like the addition of UV-C equipment for disinfecting air & surfaces. Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® manufactures germicidal ultraviolet equipment that inactivates most microorganisms such as virus, mold, and bacteria.
According to the Cleveland Clinic , COVID-19 is primarily spread through respiratory droplets. That means to become infected, you generally must be within six feet of someone who is contagious and come into contact with these droplets. It may be possible to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. Symptoms of COVID-19 appear within 2 to 14 days after exposure and include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. The video below discusses how the virus is spread.
Ways to Prevent this Spread of Virus in Addition to Disinfecting Air & Surfaces with UV-C!
Here are some precautions that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) asks that we follow:
- If a member in your household is infected, household members should stay separated from the infected patient as much as possible.
- Do not handle pets or other animals while sick.
- Make sure shared spaces in the home have good air-flow, such as by an air conditioner or an open window.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60 to 95% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are sick, wear a mask when you are around other people.
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces, such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables.
- Place all used disposable gloves, facemasks, and other contaminated items in a lined container before disposing of them with other household waste.
Atlantic Ultraviolet recommends utilizing germicidal UV-C equipment to help with disinfecting air & surfaces, as an additional prevention method to inactivate most virus, mold, and bacteria.
Learn More & Shop Our Products
Made in the USA from U.S. & Imported Parts, the air purification systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials to withstand the most demanding applications. Many applications can benefit from germicidal UV-C, including those seeking to prevent COVID-19.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about UV Air and Surface Disinfection Models
- Download Ultraviolet Air & Surface Documents from our PDF Library
- View all our Blog Posts for UlV Air & Surface Disinfection
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
- Learn about STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
PowerPoint & Video on UV-C Room Air Purification
- View our UV-C Room Air Purification PowerPoint presentation on SlideShare
- Watch all our videos on YouTube
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop UV Air & Surface Disinfection Models
- Shop STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our UV Air & Surface Disinfection Comparison Chart
Contact Our UV Application Specialists
- Call 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
- Email Sales@AtlanticUV.com
- Fill out our contact form