Last Updated on January 26, 2021
Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® Announces new certified NSF Ultraviolet Water Purifier models MIGHTY★PURE® MP36C (12 GPM) and MP49C (20 GPM) Comply with NSF®/ANSI Standard 55—Ultraviolet Microbiological Water Treatment Systems
HAUPPAUGE, NEW YORK, November 1, 2017 – Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation (AUV) announces receipt of NSF® International certification for two of its ultraviolet water purifiers for compliance with NSF®/ANSI Standard 55—Ultraviolet Microbiological Water Treatment Systems. With this certification, NSF® verifies AUV’s claims that the MIGHTY★PURE® MP36C, capable of handling 12 gallons per minute (GPM), and the MIGHTY★PURE® MP49C, capable of handling 20 GPM, provide bactericidal treatment of water. The scope of the certification also includes material safety and integrity testing.
COO of Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation®, Ann Wysocki, comments on the value provided through this certification:
NSF® certification gives our customers—and the public—assurance that the MIGHTY★PURE® MP36C and MIGHTY★PURE® MP49C purify their drinking water the way Atlantic Ultraviolet states they do. This certification assures them that both of these NSF® Disinfection Performance Class B models have met strict standards. Consumers can trust that correctly installed and maintained models perform as stated.”
In 1944, NSF® International formed with the mission to protect and improve global human health. They continue to set the standard for consumer products that affect public health and safety. NSF® International is an independent organization accredited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Accreditation Service (IAS). Products granted NSF® Certification must pass rigorous initial testing as well as undergo regular re-testing and unannounced on-site inspections. Material safety and structural integrity must pass testing as well.
In compliance with the certification standards, product manuals for the MIGHTY★PURE® MP36C and MP49C state: “This Class B system or component conforms to NSF®/ANSI 55 for the supplemental bactericidal treatment disinfected public drinking water or other drinking water that has been tested and deemed acceptable for human consumption by the state or local health agency having jurisdiction. The system is only designed to reduce normally occurring non-pathogenic nuisance microorganisms. Class B systems are not intended for treatment of contaminated water.”
Engineered and manufactured in the USA of type 316 stainless steel and the highest quality materials, all of the NSF Ultraviolet Water Purifier MIGHTY★PURE® models come with five standard features and numerous optional accessories that provide safe, rapid, and economical water treatment for a variety of applications.
MIGHTY★PURE® NSF Ultraviolet Water Purifier Standard features include:
- Sight Port Plug: Provides visible glow of lamp’s function through a safe-viewing translucent plug.
- CRYSTAL CLEAR™ Fused Quartz Sleeve : Protects and insulates UV-C lamp housing.
- Drain Plug: Enables emptying of water chamber without moving the unit for routine quartz sleeve cleaning.
- EASY-OFF™ End Cap : Cap opens by hand without tools for quick and easy lamp replacement.
- Surelite™ Ballast : State-of-the-art electronic ballast provides high lamp output and saves energy through high efficiency.
MIGHTY★PURE® applications include homes, apartments, swimming pools and spas, water wells, cisterns, catchments, aquariums and ponds, hospitals and healthcare centers, food and beverage processing plants, ships, electronics, pharmaceutical facilities, cosmetic manufacturing facilities, restaurants, campgrounds, and recreational vehicles.
Learn More & Shop Our Products
Made in the USA from U.S. and imported parts, the MIGHTY★PURE® UV Water Purifiers from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal UV-C lamps to purify Water.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about MIGHTY★PURE® Ultraviolet Water Purification Systems
- Download Ultraviolet Water Documents from our PDF Library
- Visit our Webpage: NSF UV Water Purifiers vs Non-Certified Water Purifiers
- View all our Blog Posts for MIGHTY★PURE® UV-C Water Purifiers
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
- Learn about STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
Video & PowerPoint
- Watch our MIGHTY★PURE® NSF® Certification Video
- View our MIGHTY★PURE® NSF® Certification PowerPoint on SlideShare
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop MIGHTY★PURE® UV Water Purifiers
- Shop STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our UV Water Purifier Comparison Chart
Contact Our UV Application Specialists
- Call 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
- Email Sales@AtlanticUV.com
- Fill out our contact form