Last Updated on December 30, 2019
The GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor is an optional accessory for your MIGHTY★PURE® or SANITRON® Ultraviolet Water Purifier. It measures the UV-C output of the germicidal lamp within your water purifier and detects any reduction in ultraviolet levels. You can glance over at the GUARDIAN™ screen and know the level of germicidal ultraviolet energy that’s penetrating the quartz sleeve and water within your purifier.
The functionality of your ultraviolet water purifier doesn’t need to be guesswork. The United States Public Health Service recommends the use of an ultraviolet monitor in “Criteria for the Acceptability of an Ultraviolet Disinfection Unit.” A monitor provides added safety precautions.
The GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor does this as it detects a reduction of ultraviolet levels due to:
- Fouling or deposits on the quartz sleeve, which means the sleeves need cleaning
- Poor ultraviolet transmission through the water; color, turbidity, and organic or other impurities in the water cause reduction in transmission of ultraviolet rays
- Lamp outage or ballast failure
- Depreciation of the lamp output due to usage or other cause; lamp output gradually depreciates with use and replacement is recommended once a year or every 10,000 hours
2 Models with Different Features to Suit Your Application
The GUARDIAN™ is available in two models, each with various features. The Digital model is mounted directly on the water purifier, and the Digital Remote model is mounted remotely. All models can either be purchased and installed with the water purifier or at a later date.
1. Digital GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor
- Available in two low-voltage models: 12v Model, and a 110/220v Model
- Provides a more finite measurement
- Has a 2-minute time delay to allow sufficient time for the STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal Ultraviolet (UV-C) lamp to warm up before water is treated within the purifier chamber
- Contains an internal audio alarm to alert you of a possible malfunction
- For flexibility, it provides several outputs for remote monitoring of the water purifier operation:
- 4-20mA Output: Supplies a signal corresponding to the UV intensity meter. The output can be displayed by a PLC, computer, or 4-20mA meter which can interpret the signal.
- Dry Contacts: Provides contacts for remote indication of ultraviolet trip levels
- 12v DC Output: Provides power for a low-voltage external audio alarm
- RJ45 Modular Cable (sold separately) allows you to interconnect GUARDIAN™ and other remote monitoring devices
- Available for direct or remote mount depending on your application’s needs
- Digital GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Dual Monitor Kit is available for the SANITRON® S5,000C. It includes 2 Monitors, one for each chamber. This kit allows the Monitors to react to each UV-C chamber independently, but they will work together to shut down water flow if UV-C falls below its trip point.
2. Digital Remote Mount GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor:
While this model operates in the same manner as the Digital GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor, it can also be used remotely from the water purifier that it’s monitoring. The advantage of this feature is that you can monitor your water purifier even when its location is obstructed from view.
- Ultraviolet sensor mounts in the sturdy, waterproof main sensor body. When coupled with the lower sensor body it becomes the remote sensor probe
- The remote probe cable is an ample 10 meters (32.8-feet) long and connects the remote sensor probe to a socket located on the back of the monitor
- The cable length may be extended
Learn More & Shop Our Products
Made in the USA from U.S. & Imported Parts, the GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitors from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials. View our Comparison Chart for more details to help you determine which model is right for your application, or contact our UV Application Specialists for guidance. Many applications can benefit from a germicidal UV-C purifier and with the addition of the GUARDIAN™, maintenance has never been easier.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitors
- Learn about UV Water & Liquid Purifiers
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitors
- Shop UV Water Purifiers for Your Application
- Shop STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitor Comparison Chart
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists at 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST or fill out our contact form.