Last Updated on April 11, 2017
Rapidly purify hundreds of gallons of water for each penny of operating cost. Automatic, continuous disinfection without special attention. Chemical free—no foul taste and no measuring mishaps. Virtually all microorganisms are susceptible to ultraviolet disinfection. Water is ready to use as soon as it leaves the purifier. Modular design simplifies customization for large-scale applications. Since it’s the most feature-packed UV Water Purification System in our line-up, an ever-growing range of industries find the MEGATRON® UV Water Disinfection System ideal for their water treatment needs. 14 standard features make it the smart choice for safe, effective, and economical water purification.
1. Completely Self-Contained Disinfection System
NEMA style electrical enclosure and disinfection chamber operate separately.
- Simple installation and maintenance.
- Constructed of type 316 stainless steel, electropolished, and passivated for durability.
2. Interconnect the UV Water Purification System for Virtually Any Flow Rate
Modular design allows multiple units to interconnect to allow for virtually any flow rate.
- Four available models.
- Seventy to thousands of gallons per minute—millions of gallons processed per day of clear, fresh, or high purity water.
3. Electrical Enclosure Access Door
System downtime for troubleshooting is drastically reduced with direct access to electrical components.
- Electrical module removal or replacement happens in a matter of minutes.
- Door opens with a flat-head screwdriver or coin—no time wasted looking for special tools.
- The door’s status display window indicates how well the system is operating at a mere glance.
4. Promate™ Elapsed Time Indicator
- Non-resettable display of accumulated operating hours.
- Assists in keeping track of maintenance schedule.
5. Lamp Operation Indicators
Green lights glow to indicate each of the UV lamps are working.
6. GUARDIAN™ Digital Ultraviolet Monitor with Remote Outputs
An ultraviolet sensor probe reads the UV intensity inside the disinfection chamber of the UV Water Purification System and sends the signal to the GUARDIAN™ monitor indicating when the quartz sleeves need cleaning due to poor ultraviolet transmission through the water, lamp outage, power failure or depreciation of lamp output. Signals are sent with the condition of the UV monitor and lamps.
- Digital versions supply output for remote monitoring.
- 12v DC Audio Alarm.
- 4-20mA, Displayed by a PLC, Computer, or 4-20mA Meter.
- Dry Contacts, SPDT Output.
7. Removable Chamber Head Plates
Provides direct access to the disinfection chamber.
8. Standard Manual Wiper or Optional Automatic Wiper
No service interruption or disassembly needed for this regular maintenance task.
- Quartz sleeves wipe clean while the MEGATRON® is fully operational.
- Program the optional automatic wiper for up to 6 wipe cycles per day, 7 days per week, eliminating this regular task from the to-do list.
9. EASY-OFF™ Retainer Cap
Lamp change is effortless.
- No tools needed.
- No need to disconnect or drain the water from the UV Water Purification System.
10. Integrated Drain Fittings
Unit drains right in place, without the burden of disassembling and moving.
11. Sampling Ports
Located on the inlet and outlet.
12. Surelite™ Ballasts
Designed specifically for use with UV lamps to operate at maximum efficiency.
- Electronic and instant start.
- Uses less energy, are smaller, lighter, and cooler in operation — providing higher lamp output than magnetic ballasts.
13. Fused Quartz Sleeves
Quartz Sleeves protect and insulate the lamps to ensure high output over a range of temperatures.
14. Sight Port
Translucent plug glows from the light produced by the STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps.
- Provides visual assurance that the UV lamps are busy producing short wave radiation lethal to virtually all virus, bacteria, and fungi.
Made in the USA of type 316 stainless steel, the UV water treatment systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal ultraviolet lamps to purify water.
For more information on Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps visit Ultraviolet.com
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
For more company or product info, visit Ultraviolet.com
To make purchase, visit BuyUltraviolet.com