Last Updated on April 2, 2019
Many clients of human service facilities face existing health and disability challenges. Airborne illnesses can spread and infect clients, employees, and volunteers in a matter of hours. Locations have a responsibility to create a healthy environment for employees and clients. Yet each year, colds, the flu, and respiratory infections rapidly spread throughout their facilities. A solution for this is an Ultraviolet Air Sanitizer.
The SANITAIRE® Ultraviolet Air Sanitizer lessens the risk of infections with fast, low-maintenance, automatic air sanitization. The SANITAIRE® is so versatile it can be used in just about any occupied human service facility.
Whether the facility serves a transient population or a static one, durability and safe operation is as important as the healthy air provided. As the leading manufacturer of ultraviolet sanitization systems, we know what makes them easy to install, use, and maintain. UV sanitization is particularly effective where risk of cross infection is high, such as homeless shelters, methadone clinics, prisons, detention centers, and correctional facilities.
Several benefits of the The SANITAIRE® are as follows:
- Economical as it operates continuously with little oversight.
- No special training is required for maintenance or installation saving resources.
- No chemicals means no dosage issues or risk of mishandling.
- Lamps only require change about once a year.
- Surelite™ state-of-the-art electronic ballasts are instant start, using less energy than magnetic ballasts.
- Most units come equipped with a 3-prong plug that can be plugged right into a 120v AC 60 Hz single phase standard outlet (units also available for 230v AC 50/60 Hz).
The SANITAIRE® uses STER-L-RAY® ultraviolet lamps in the c wavelength (UV-C) to destroy the DNA structure of airborne infectious microbes—even those that are drug-resistant.
- Staphylococcus (MRSA)
- Streptococcus (strep)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Many additional bacteria, virus, and mold microbes that UV radiation proves lethal to.
Key integrated features make it safe for use in any application with no risk of over-exposure.
- Lamps are housed in a completely enclosed, reflective stainless steel exposure chamber.
- Louvered panel keeps UV rays inside the chamber while air flows out into the room.
- Standard interlock safety switch disconnects power to the unit when the access panel is unhinged, to ensure the lamp will not emit UV rays when opened for maintenance, or if maliciously opened in a high-risk environment.
Two Optional SANITAIRE® Features Give Added Peace of Mind
The integral key lock switch will insure tamper-proof operation in the on or off position.
The ArmorLite™ Safety Shield is an optional protective coating applied to STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps. This coating eliminates danger of broken lamps and mercury contamination. These features provide added safety measure for those in a potentially volatile environment.
SANITAIRE® for Every Human Services Setting
3 models and various configurations make it ideal for all locations. The SANITAIRE® UV Air Sanitizer will give your staff, residents, or clients peace of mind knowing the air they are breathing is healthy.
Made in the USA of type 304 stainless steel, the UV air sanitizers from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal ultraviolet lamps to purify air. The SANITAIRE® Ultraviolet Air Sanitizer has many optional accessories available, making it a flexible ultraviolet air sanitizing system for any application.
For more information on UV air sanitizers, visit our SANITAIRE® overview page, download the SANITAIRE® owner’s manuals, or review our UV Air Purifier & Surface Disinfection Equipment Comparison Sheet.
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
For more company or product info, visit Ultraviolet.com
To make a purchase, visit BuyUltraviolet.com