Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Ultraviolet (UV-C) technology for water treatment integrated within your meat processing facility mitigates waterborne contamination risks associated with bacteria, virus, and fungi. UV-C is lethal to virtually all microorganisms and can be useful for your compliance with Meat Processing Plant HACCP Controls (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points). With large amounts of water throughout your plant, microorganism contamination can occur at any point in production. Another concern is that waterborne contaminations don’t just spread within the water, but become airborne as well when the water is used. Mist, aerosol, and spray of contaminated water floats through the air and lands, leaving bacteria that can have deadly consequences if the infected product makes it to market.
SANITRON® and MEGATRON® Standard Features Ensure Easy Integrations for Meat Processing Plant HACCP Controls
SANITRON® UV Water Purifiers and MEGATRON® UV Water Disinfection systems feature many standard features that enable you to effortlessly integrate UV technology into your Meat Processing Plant HACCP Controls and keep all areas of your facility sanitary. Sanitizing wash water, rinse water, clean-in-place (CIP) water, effluent, and chilling water are all important steps to controlling risk.
STER-L-RAY ® UV-C lamps emit ultraviolet energy at 254 nanometers—a wavelength that’s lethal to virtually all microorganisms with proper dosage. This includes pathogenic bacteria such as E. coli, Salmonella, L. monocytogens, spoilage bacteria, virus, and mold.
Surelite™ Electronic Ballasts are state-of-the-art, specially designed for ultraviolet lamps. They deliver high UV lamp output, save energy through high efficiency, operate cool for longer life, and provide silent operation.
Additional standard features of the SANITRON® and MEGATRON®:
- Incorporated Drain Plug – safely drain the unit in place.
- Quick UV Lamp Change with EASY-OFF ™ End Cap – change the UV lamp without tools and while connected to the water supply.
- Patented Dual Action Wiper Mechanism to Clean Quartz Sleeve – no interruption of service or disassembly required. MEGATRON® features an optional automatic wiper that, once programmed, automatically wipes the sleeve.
- Sight Port Plug – translucent plug glows when the lamp is functioning.
- Removable Dual Flanged Head – easy chamber access provides safe removal of glass if the unfortunate accident of quartz sleeve breakage should occur.
- Ability to Interconnect for Higher Flow Rates – hundreds of gallons of water purified rapidly for each penny of operating cost.
- Lamp Operation Indicators – Green lights glow to indicate each UV lamp is working.
In addition to the above, the MEGATRON® also comes standard equipped with:
- Promate™ Elapsed Time Indicator – Non-resettable display of accumulated operating hours to assist in keeping track of your maintenance schedule
- Digital Ultraviolet Monitor with Remote Outputs – An ultraviolet sensor probe reads the UV intensity inside the disinfection chamber and sends a signal to the monitor if the quartz sleeves need cleaning, the lamp has failed, or your water is dirty.
- Sampling Ports, a MEGATRON® Feature – Located on the inlet and outlet, gather your test samples directly from the ports.
Our UV Application Specialists will perform the necessary calculations to make sure you select the right fixture. If we recommend a unique fixture, our factory in NY will manufacture and deliver exactly what’s needed.
Optional Accessories can Provide Added Safety Benefits and HACCP Compliance Peace of Mind
These features provide reassurance of the functionality of your SANITRON® and MEGATRON®. You always know that your disinfection equipment is hard at work and that you are implementing systems to aide in compliance with Meat Processing Plant HACCP Controls.
Our MEGATRON® line of Ultraviolet Water Disinfection equipment comes standard with a number of features automatically installed to assure that the UV is working and helping achieve HACCP Compliance.
GUARDIAN™ Ultraviolet Monitors are the best of our monitoring options and are available for use with the SANITRON® line of Ultraviolet Water Purifiers to detect a reduction of ultraviolet levels for a variety of reasons. In addition, there are optional accessories such as SureFLO™ Flow Control Valves to assist in controlling the water flow, élan™ Water Filters to pretreat the water prior to utilizing the SANITRON®, or perhaps a Promate™ Solenoid Valve to stop the flow of water in the event that the UV Monitor is detecting a problem.
Learn More about Meat Processing & Shop Our Products
Made in the USA, the air purification and water disinfection systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials to withstand the most demanding applications. Many applications can benefit from germicidal UV-C, including those seeking to improve their meat processing facilities.
For more information on how SANITRON® and MEGATRON® are Ideal for Water Disinfection in Meat Processing Plant HACCP Controls — visit our application-specific page.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about UV Water & Liquid Purifiers
- Learn about STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
- Visit our Application-Specific Page: UV-C in Meat Processing Facilities
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop UV Water & Liquid Purifiers for Meat Processing
- Shop STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare All UV Water Purifier Models with our Comparison Chart