Rainwater harvesting & catchment systems need to include UV-C water disinfection at the end of treatment.
Germicidal UV-C Applications > Home/Residential UV-C Systems > Rainwater Harvesting & Catchment Systems
Rainwater harvesting & catchment systems need to include UV-C water disinfection at the end of treatment to ensure the quality of the water matches its intended purpose. If the purpose is drinking water proper testing and water treatment methods must be implemented, along with filtration to remove any contaminants before germicidal UV-C disinfection purification.
Germicidal ultraviolet UV-C light destroys virtually all microorganisms, bacteria, mold, and virus. Water-borne disease-causing pathogens are unsafe to consume. Give yourself peace of mind by installing a UV-C water purifier. UV-C water purifier systems are engineered to reduce risks associated with water contamination. UV-C is a rapid, safe, and chemical-free disinfection method. To effectively disinfect your water, you’ll need a quality constructed system, the correct installation, consistent maintenance, and a properly sized system for your water volume. Successful disinfection depends on unobstructed ultraviolet wavelengths through the water, and the appropriate dose of UV light needed to inactivate the microorganisms.
Recommended product line includes:
MIGHTY★PURE® uv water purifiers 3 – 20 GPM
- MIGHTY★PURE® germicidal UV-C water purifiers install at the end of a rainwater harvesting & catchment filtrations system. These models offer superior quality and numerous standard features, such as a sight port for viewing germicidal ultraviolet lamp operation. Several optional accessories are available, such as a Germicidal UV Monitor for a more in-depth knowledge of the purifier operation.
- Read about MIGHTY★PURE® uv water purifiers 3 – 20 GPM on our UV Blog
- Shop MIGHTY★PURE® uv water purifiers 3 – 20 GPM on BuyUltraviolet.com
- Watch MIGHTY★PURE® uv water purifiers 3 – 20 GPM on YouTube
SANITRON® uv water purifiers 3 – 416 GPM NSF/ANSI 61&372 Certified
- While any of our SANITRON® models can be used in multiples to allow for growing or changing applications, our SANITRON® S2400C (40 gallons per minute) model was initially designed with the modular design platform in mind — allowing for 80 gallons per minute treatment with two purifiers used together, 160 gallons per minute with four purifiers, and so on. Quartz sleeve cleaning is a simple task with the standard patented Dual-Action Wiper Mechanism. Models S37C, S50C, and S2400C are certified to NSF®/ANSI 61 and 372 — Drinking Water System Component — Health Effects and Lead Content.
- Read about SANITRON® uv water purifiers 3 – 416 GPM on our UV Blog
- Shop SANITRON® uv water purifiers 3 – 416 GPM on BuyUltraviolet.com
- Watch SANITRON® uv water purifiers 3 – 416 GPM on YouTube
Tank Master® Germicidal Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizer
A wide range of liquid holding tank applications benefit from the Tank Master™ Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizer. It’s especially effective in tanks that have moist air growth problems. It will disinfect the air space and surfaces above the liquid and the liquid contents. Germicidal ultraviolet UV-C light destroys virtually all microorganisms, bacteria, mold, and virus. It can be mounted vertical or horizontally into the liquid storage tank. Tank Master™ is very effective without the use of heat or chemicals.
- Read about Tank Master™ Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizer on our UV Blog
- Shop Tank Master™ Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizer on BuyUltraviolet.com