Last Updated on February 18, 2020application-specific page for Water Wells. Ann Wysocki, COO of Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation®, states:
Millions of people obtain their water from private wells so it’s no wonder our UV Application Specialists receive a lot of inquiries about using ultraviolet to disinfect them. The goal with this new page and series of posts is to help water well users understand how UV-C can mitigate risks like E. coli, Giardia, and other waterborne disease.”The Private Well Water Disinfection application-specific page will be accessible from the Germicidal UV-C Applications page. This page is broken down into five sections in order to provide people with the information they are seeking at a quick glance. For additional information, the site visitor can follow a link found within the page to relevant blog posts containing more specific detail about these sections.
The 5 Sections of the Private Well Water Disinfection Page are:
- UV-C for Private Well Water Disinfection: A section introducing UV-C technology as an effective method of water disinfection against bacteria, virus, mold, and other microorganisms found in water sources from water wells.
- Water Contamination Risks: This section exhibits the CDC’s list of “Water-Related Diseases and Contaminants in Private Wells” and possible means of contamination.
- Testing, Maintenance, Treatment—3 Routines for Safe Well Water: This area discusses the importance of having private water wells tested for bacteria, virus, and fungi and visually inspected by a professional.
- Ultraviolet Disinfection for Safe and Pleasing Well Water: This area introduces the need for a multi-level filtration and disinfection system, including UV-C technology, for protection against the variety of microorganisms that can be found in well water.
- Bio-Logic®, MINIPURE®, MIGHTY★PURE®, and SANITRON® UV Water Purifiers, along with Tank Master™ Ultraviolet Liquid Storage Sanitizer, for Well Water Disinfection: The final section overviews the Atlantic Ultraviolet UV systems that are recommended for water’s point-of-entry (POE) into a home, point-of-use (POU), and storage tank disinfection. It also introduces some of the well water microorganism contaminants of concern deactivated by the Bio-Logic®, MINIPURE®, MIGHTY★PURE®, SANITRON®, and Tank Master™, such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts, E. coli, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus, Salmonella, and Shigella.
The following blog posts provide more detailed information on the page’s sections:
- UV-C Safeguards Your Water from Abandoned Well Cross-Contamination
- Guard Against Unknown Well Water Quality Changes with UV-C Disinfection
- Ultraviolet Assists Well Water Owners in Reaching EPA Recommended Zero Bacteria Count
- Atlantic Ultraviolet UV-C Water Purifiers Protect Against Virtually All Well Water Bacteria