The engineers at Altantic Ultraviolet Corporation® designed the SANITRON® UV Water Purifier with easy installation and maintenance in mind. All SANITRON® UV water purification systems are made of type 316 stainless steel and constructed of the highest quality materials. The SANITRON® is designed with features for install and maintenance that save you time.
Simple Quartz Sleeve Cleaning
The maintenance task you will do most frequently on any UV Water Purification System is cleaning the quartz sleeve. That is why we have integrated a Patented Wiper Mechanism. It makes cleaning the quartz sleeve a simple task requiring no special tools and no specific training. The patented wiper mechanism saves you valuable time and money as production and process do not need to stop during quartz sleeve cleaning—UV water disinfection continues.
Easy Access to Chamber
The SANITRON® Model S2400C and larger have dual chamber heads that are removable and can be rotated independently. There are no special tools needed. This aids in installation, retrofitting an existing system, and allows access to the interior of the chamber for inspection, repairs, and routine cleaning.
The SANITRON® Model S2400C and larger is commonly used in commercial and industrial applications for its ability to treat large flows of water and because of the unit’s modular configuration. One SANITRON® Model S2400C will treat 40 gallons of water per minute (2400 gallons per hour). Utilizing two S2400C chambers, known as Model S5,000C, will handle 5,000 gallons per hour (or 83 gallons per minute). Four S2400C chambers, known as Model S10,000C and depicted below, will be able to purify 166 gallons of water per minute. More S2400C chambers can be added for even larger flows. This flexibility saves you time and money as your water purification needs change.
The water purifier should not be solely supported by its plumbing connections, so our engineers have provided mounting holes in the ballast housing. There are also optional Promate™ Mounting Kits available.
Ready to Install UV Water Purifier—Minimal Preparation Required at Your Site.
The SANITRON® systems are shipped completely assembled, tested, and ready for installation. Installing your SANITRON® is as simple as a single page in the Owner’s Manual. Take a look at this installation overview, but remember to follow the full detailed instructions in the owner’s manual when you install:
- Although all of our purifiers undergo rigorous quality control, inspect for any potential damage. Due to its fragility, check the quartz sleeve for potential damage that may have occurred during shipping.
- Connect to the cold water line only.
- Install a 5-micron sediment filter, or finer, in line prior to the water purifier to stop or trap large particulates from entering.
- Install shut off valves on both the inlet and outlet sides of the water purifier to allow the purifier to be isolated from the water supply. This is required when removing the quartz sleeve.
- Unions should be installed with Teflon® tape on threads on both the inlet and outlet of the water purifier.
- When all plumbing connections are complete, allow water to enter the water at a low flow rate, until the purifier is full. Close the purifier outlet valve to pressurize the chamber. Once pressurized, check for leaks. When you see that there are no leaks, you can fully open the inlet valve.
- If your lamp was packed separately, follow the steps in “Lamp Installation or Replacement” section of the owner’s manual.
- Plug water purifier into approved ground fault circuit interrupt (GFCI) outlet. Look for the glow of the uv light in the sight port.
- Disinfect the “downstream” plumbing between the purifier and point of use.
Made in the USA from U.S. & Imported Parts of type 316 stainless steel, the UV water treatment systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal ultraviolet lamps to purify water. In addition to the superior installation and maintenance features listed above, the SANITRON® Ultraviolet Water Purifier has many optional accessories available, making it a flexible system for any application.
For more information on Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps, visit Ultraviolet.com
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
For more company or product info, visit Ultraviolet.com
To make purchase, visit BuyUltraviolet.com