Last Updated on February 18, 2020
This page is the third installment in a series of new application-specific pages on Ultraviolet.com that provides information about the use of ultraviolet wavelengths (UV-C) for chemical-free disinfection in specific applications. The Boil Water Alert page gives an easy-to-comprehend overview of UV-C usage for water disinfection during these advisories. In addition to the overview page, a series of new sub-posts will be released that give more detailed information. Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® has published their application-specific page for Boil Water Alerts.
Ann Wysocki, COO of Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation®, states:
Boil Water Alerts are becoming more common, but people’s lives don’t have to be completely turned upside down every time. UV-C disinfection systems that are installed in homes and businesses enable water use to continue as usual. The goal with this new page and series of posts is to help the general public understand how UV-C can lessen risks like E. coli, Giardia, and other water-borne diseases if they are under a Boil Water Alert.”
The Boil Water Alert application-specific page will be accessible from the Germicidal UV-C Applications Page and reachable by a direct link. The application-specific page for Boil Water Alerts is broken down into six sections in order to provide people with the information they are seeking at a quick glance. For additional information, visitors to the page can visit links to relevant blog posts containing more specific details about the sections.
The 6 Sections of the Boil Water Alert Page are:
- What is a Boil Water Alert? This opening section talks about what a Boil Water Alert means.
- Situations that Cause Contaminations and Trigger Boil Water Alerts: An introduction to internal and external impacts to the water management facility that may cause contamination of water and trigger a Boil Water Alert.
- What to Do during a Boil Water Advisory: This area exhibits 3 potential water treatments during Boil Water Alerts: boiling, chemical treatment, and UV-C disinfection.
- Infection Concerns: This section provides an overview of the waterborne pathogens which are crucial to deactivate during Boil Water Alerts.
- Avoid the Hassle of Boiling Water during an Advisory with UV-C Disinfection: An overview of UV-C technology and the keys for successful disinfection.
- Atlantic Ultraviolet’s 6 UV-C Water Disinfection Lines: This final area introduces the various Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® products that are designed for water disinfection: Bio-Logic® UV-C Water Purifiers, Bio-Logic® UV-C Water Purifier with Pure Water Pack™ , MINIPURE® Ultraviolet Water Purifiers, Ultimate™ Ultraviolet Water Purifiers, MIGHTY★PURE® Ultraviolet Water Purifiers, SANITRON® Ultraviolet Water Purifiers, and MEGATRON® Ultraviolet Water Disinfection Systems.
The following blog posts provide more detailed information on the page’s sections:
- 3 Methods to Disinfect Water During a Boil Water Alert
- What Should You Do During a Boil Water Alert at Home?
- How to Keep Your Food or Beverage Business Open During Boil Water Alerts
- UV-C Disinfection Provides Safe Water for Large Facilities During Boil Water Alerts
About Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® (AUV)
Germicidal Ultraviolet Equipment & Lamps – Manufacturers / Engineers / Sales / Service
In 1963, Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® began engineering and manufacturing ultraviolet water purification equipment , ultraviolet air sanitization and surface disinfection systems , and germicidal UV lamps for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. They continue to engineer and manufacture their products in the USA.
Germicidal ultraviolet lamps used in Atlantic Ultraviolet’s products produce short wave rays that are lethal to bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. Well-established as a method of choice, ultraviolet technology is effective, economical, safe, quick, and easy to use due to its by-product free process. The method is unique, without the use of heat or chemicals.
For more information about Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation®, or how UV-C disinfection works, visit the official company website.
Need help? Call Our UV Specialists 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST.
For more company or product info, visit Ultraviolet.com.
To make purchase, visit AtlanticUltraviolet.com .