Last Updated on January 5, 2024
Many healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are airborne. Stagnant air creates the perfect environment for bacteria, virus, and mold to reproduce. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), HAIs represent a major cause of preventable patient illness. Hospitals and healthcare facilities want to lessen the risk of tragic outcomes from HAIs. In a hospital or doctor’s office, airborne infections can be more than a nuisance — they can mean life or death. SANITAIRE® Automatic UV Air Sanitization can help to mitigate the risk.
Airborne Infections are Often Preventable with Automatic UV Air Sanitization
Continuous operation makes the SANITAIRE® particularly effective in areas where risk of cross infection is high — such as TB treatment areas, burn centers, intensive care areas, chemotherapy rooms, and kidney dialysis centers. The SANITAIRE® UV Air Sanitizer gives healthcare professionals and patients peace of mind. They will rest assured, knowing that the air they are breathing is healthy.
- Staphylococcus (MRSA)
- Streptococcus (strep)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Many additional bacteria, virus, and mold microbes.
Air is pulled from the occupied enclosed space into a polished, reflective exposure chamber. Once there, it is zapped by UV-C radiation for a precise amount of time. Bacteria-free air then moves out through a louvered panel and back into room.
A Safe & Economical Solution for Any Facility
Hospitals, doctors’ offices, and healthcare facilities have many levels of disinfection procedures — each using a variety of resources. SANITAIRE® automatic UV air sanitization is safe, rapid, and chemical-free:
- Requires minimal attention to operate.
- No special training needed for maintenance or installation.
- Uses STER-L-RAY ® Germicidal UV-C Lamps which operate with minimal energy.
- Lamp change required only once a year.
- Lamps are enclosed within a reflective stainless steel exposure chamber, ensuring no risk of over-exposure.
- Equipped with powerful UV output.
- Key integrated features and optional accessories make it safe in any application.
SANITAIRE® for Every Healthcare Setting
Several SANITAIRE® models and a variety of configurations accommodate virtually every healthcare setting — from general to high risk areas:
- TB Treatment Areas
- Kidney Dialysis Centers
- Operating Rooms & Surgery Centers
- Chemotherapy Rooms
- Isolation Units
- Maternity & Labor Wards
- Burn Units
- Emergency Rooms & Triage Areas
- Reception Areas
- Patient Rooms
- Nursing Homes
Learn More & Shop Our Products
Made in the USA from U.S. and imported parts, the UV Air sanitizers from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal UV-C lamps to purify air. The SANITAIRE® Ultraviolet Air Sanitizer has many optional accessories available, making it a flexible ultraviolet air sanitizing system for any application.
Learn Here! Ultraviolet.com
- Learn about SANITAIRE® UV Room Air Sanitizers
- Download Ultraviolet Air & Surface Disinfection Documents from our PDF Library
- View all our Blog Posts for SANITAIRE® UV Room Air Sanitizers
- Visit our Application-Specific Page: UV-C for Room Air Purification
- View all the applications that can benefit from Germicidal UV-C
- Learn about STER-L-RAY® Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps
PowerPoint & Video on UV-C for Room Air Purification
- View our UV-C for Room Air Disinfection PowerPoint presentation on SlideShare
- Watch Our Room Air Purification Video on YouTube
Shop Here! BuyUltraviolet.com
- Shop SANITAIRE® UV Room Air Disinfection
- Shop STER-L-RAY® Germicidal UV Lamps
- Compare all models with our UV Air & Surface Disinfection Comparison Chart
Contact Our UV Application Specialists
- Call 1-631-273-0500, Monday – Friday 7am to 6pm EST
- Email Sales@AtlanticUV.com
- Fill out our contact form