When choosing the best place to install your UV Water Purifier, there are 5 things to consider. To attain the perfect installation, follow the 5 tips below.
1. Install the UV Water Purifier as close to point of use as possible.The water purifier should always be located closest to the point of use. This reduces the chance of the purified water being re-contaminated by bacteria in the water distribution system after the water purifier.
2. Be sure mount the Purifier on a horizontal surface.The water purifier should be mounted horizontally on a flat, dry surface. The purifier should not be solely supported by its plumbing connections. Secure the water purifier using the mounting clips.
3. For added protection against leaks, be sure to install a drain pan underneath the UV Water Purifier.As with any water handling device, the water purifier should be located in an area where any possible condensation or leakage from the water purifier, any purifier accessory and/or plumbing will not damage the surrounding area the water purifier. For added protection, it is recommended that a suitable drain pan be installed under the purifier. The drain pan must be plumbed to an adequate, free flowing drain to prevent water damage in event of a leak.
4. The Purifier should be installed with enough room to allow for lamp change.The water purifier should be located in a dry, well-lit area which provides enough room to perform routine maintenance. This includes a minimum distance of one chamber length from the chamber end, to allow for cleaning and/or the changing of the lamp and quartz sleeve as well as a minimum of 6” on the opposite end of the water purifier. Minimum clearance to the floor 18’’.
5. The ideal installation leads to an easy installation.Following these tips will help you achieve the best possible outcome for installation. Remember to follow the full, detailed instructions in the owner’s manual for more information. When all plumbing connections are complete, follow the manual to ensure proper operation of the water purifier.
Made in the USA of type 316 stainless steel, the UV Water Treatment Systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation® are constructed of the highest quality materials and use germicidal ultraviolet lamps to purify water. They have many optional accessories available, giving them flexibility for virtually any application.For more information on our Ultraviolet Water Purifiers, visit our overview page, download the owner’s manuals from our PDF library, or check out our Ultraviolet Water Purifier Comparison Chart. For more information on Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamps, visit Ultraviolet.com