All occupants and personnel should be alerted to the potential hazards indicated by the product safety labeling on this unit.
The following conventions are used to indicate and classify precautions and on product safety labeling. Failure to observe precautions could result in injury to people or damage to property.
This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to potential personal injury hazards. Obey all safety messages that follow this symbol to avoid possible injury or death.
Danger indicates an imminently hazardous situation, which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
Warning indicates a potentially hazardous situation, which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
Caution indicates a potentially hazardous situation, which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
Caution used without the safety alert symbol indicates a potentially hazardous situation, which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
This symbol/pictorial is used to identify an ELECTRICAL SHOCK or ELECTROCUTION hazard.
This symbol/pictorial is used to identify an ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT hazard.
This symbol/pictorial is used to identify the need to wear approved ultraviolet resistant face shield
The symbol/pictorial is used to identify the need to wear approved ultraviolet resistant eyewear
This symbol/pictorial is used to identify the need to wear protective gloves
This symbol/pictorial is used to identify components which must not be disposed of in the trash.
Product safety labels should be periodically inspected and cleaned, as necessary, to maintain good legibility. Always replace illegible safety labels. Contact factory to obtain replacement safety labels.
- Read and save all notices, warnings and safety instructions received with equipment.
- WARNING: Avoid exposure to direct or strongly reflected germicidal ultraviolet rays. Germicidal ultraviolet rays are harmful to the eyes and skin.
- WARNING: Always disconnect power, to the equipment and unplug, before performing any service or maintenance.
- CAUTION: Do not operate without proper electrical ground.
- DANGER: To prevent the risk of severe or fatal electrical shock, special precautions must be taken. Equipment should be plugged into an approved Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) receptacle.
- Intended for indoor use only.
- Do not alter the construction or design. Do not remove safety labels or devices
- Do not use equipment for other than its intended purpose, as described in the equipment manual.
- On equipment with blowers keep inlet and outlet vents, clean and clear of objects.
- CAUTION: Germicidal ultraviolet rays may break down plastic, rubber or other non-metallic materials, can fade colors and can be damaging to plant life. Shield all plastic, rubber or other non-metallic parts, plant life, etc. which may be exposed to direct or reflected germicidal ultraviolet rays.
- Do not operate equipment if the power cord and/or plug are damaged, or if any other damage to the unit is visible or suspected.
- Utility power must match power requirements listed on the unit label.
- Equipment should be protected from the elements and from temperatures below freezing.
- Do not exceed equipment’s maximum rated flow capacity and/or operating pressure.